- 1 large fennel bulb
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 -12 cooked medium or large prawns or shrimp
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn bite-size
- juice of one lemon
- a few sprigs parsley, minced
- kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Trim the root and upper stalks from the fennel bulb, setting aside some fronds to mince for garnish, if desired. Thinly slice the bulb into bite-sized pieces.
Use about half of the olive oil to saute the fennel just until tender; season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
Whisk together the remaining olive oil with the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss the fennel, prawns, and lettuce with this dressing
Sprinkle with parsley and fennel fronds and serve immediately.
Suzette Standring-Martinez has been living and cooking in Milton since 2000. A San Francisco native, she is an ever-curious writer about cuisine and has taken cooking classes in foreign countries. She is a big fan of farmers’ markets, food magazines, and trying unfamiliar ingredients.