This perennial favorite of our CSA member families comes to us via farmer Scott Franklin. Scott learned this recipe during his time farming at Sudbury’s Siena Farms, which is owned in part by Anna Sortun, the illustrious chef at Oleana in Cambridge.
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1½ cups Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 to 1 ½ cups shredded cooked beets
Combine the lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a bowl and let stand 10 minutes. Stir in the yogurt, olive oil, dill, and pepper. Fold in the beets and adjust the seasoning to taste. Serve cold or at room temperature. Use as a dipping sauce with zucchini fritters or just enjoy with sturdy crackers or pita with your (stained, pink) fingers.