Lemony Blueberry Cream Cheese Tart
- 16 ounces full-fat cream cheese
- 1½ cups blueberries fresh or thawed in a sieve
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs made from about 7 ounces graham crackers
- ½ cup Simpson Spring Blueberry Greek Yogurt
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- optional garnishes mint leaves, extra berries, lemon zest
- Set the cream cheese out at room temperature while you complete the next few steps.
- In a medium saucepan, combine blueberries and ¼ cup sugar. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, over medium heat. Cook gently until fruit softens and sauce thickens a bit, about 5 or 6 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in zest, and set aside to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in honey. Pulverize graham crackers using a food processor or a rolling pin, and stir into butter mixture, combining well. Press evenly into 9-inch tart pan (preferably with removable bottom). Pop crust in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Work the cream cheese until smooth with a mixer, then blend in the yogurt, remaining ¾ cup sugar, lemon juice, salt, and vanilla. Beat briefly until smooth, then fold in half of the blueberry sauce.
- Spread filling evenly in the frozen crust and chill in the fridge until firm—at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight. Chill the remaining blueberry sauce in an airtight container.
- Serve tart with remaining blueberry sauce and optional garnishes. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.