Local Provisions - Acadian Redfish Tacos
- cast-iron frying pan
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1 cup baby greens or chopped lettuce
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 pound Acadian redﬁsh ﬁllets
- 6 small corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Make the topping: Lightly mix together avocado, greens,
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon lime juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Make the sauce: Mix together mayonnaise, garlic, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce. Set aside.
- Pat the ﬁsh with a paper towel and season with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a dry cast-iron frying pan over medium heat. Warm tortillas on both sides, one by one, until just heated through. Keep warm wrapped in foil in a warm oven or on a hot plate under a towel.
- Add olive oil and butter to the hot pan, swirling to melt. When hot but not smoking, place ﬁlets in the pan, skin side down.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes each side, depending on thickness. Filets will plump and become opaque. Remove to a cutting board and break into taco-friendly pieces.
- Immediately plate tacos, ﬁlling tortillas with ﬁsh, avocado topping, and sauce, if desired. Lime wedges on the side.