- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and chunked
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chunked
- 2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- a few sprigs parsley, minced
In a soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Saute chopped onion and celery until soft and translucent, seasoning with salt and pepper.
Add the carrot, potato, and broth and bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, for about an hour, or until carrots and potatoes are soft. Add fresh ginger and simmer for ten more minutes.
Puree the soup using an immersion blender, food processor, or blender. Adjust seasonings. Serve hot, garnished with parsley.