Roasted Bloody Mary
- 3 red peppers, fire-roasted, peeled and seeded OR 1 (12-oz) jar roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated or jarred prepared horseradish
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup roughly chopped white onion
- 3 cups tomato juice, divided
- salt, perhaps, if you used fresh peppers and horseradish
- 1 ½ cups Bradford Vodka
Celery stalks, lime quarters, and baby gherkin pickles for garnish
In a blender combine the roasted red peppers (and their juices), horseradish, celery seed, pepper, onion, and 1 cup tomato juice. Blend on high until fully pureed. Pour into a pitcher and add the remaining 2 cups tomato juice and vodka. Taste for salt. Chill at least an hour before serving.
At cocktail (or brunch) time, set up four pint glasses with plenty of ice. Top up with the drink and garnish as desired.