- 2 cups purslane leaves with tender upper stems (about 4 ounces)
- ¼ of a sweet onion, diced
- 1 crisp apple, diced
- leaves from 4 or 5 stems of mint, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Start a nice hardwood or charcoal fire.
Cover your ears and grind the almonds in a food processor.
When they are about half their original size, throw in the garlic, followed by the arugula and parsley, then olive oil and lemon juice. Continue processing until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
When your coals are ready (covered with ash), brush scallops with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and grill briefly – just until sear marks appear on surface. Flip, sear, and you’re done. Serve the scallops on a bed of sauce.