Goat Cheese Spread
• 4 ounces goat cheese
• 2 ounces feta cheese
• 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) butter
• 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
• 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
• 1/2 cup minced parsely leaves
• 1/4 cup minced chives
• 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon flavorful red pepper (smoked paprika, New Mexico, or Aleppo Pepper)
Have the cheeses and butter at room temperature. Pound or grind the caraway, fennel, and pepper to coarse powder. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well blended and almost smooth.
Scrape into a crock, cover, and chill overnight. Improves with keeping. Delicious on hearty bread or crackers with radishes or sprouts from Jonathan’s Organic.
Paula Marcoux recipe.