Not all of these sprout varieties are always available at every retail outlet—not to worry. Just try to get as good a mix as you can to boost the flavor and texture of your salad.
- 2 ounces Jonathan’s Organic Mung Bean Sprouts
- 2 ounces Jonathan’s Organic Pea Shoots
- 2 ounces Jonathan’s Organic Broccoli Sprouts
- 2 ounces Jonathan’s Organic Munchin’ Mix
- 1 crisp sweet apple, chopped
- 2 ounces pecans, toasted & chopped
- 2 ounces Great Hill Blue cheese or other local blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Put the sprouts on a big cutting board and chop them once each way; you want them to end up roughly 1 inch long. Place in a salad bowl and add the apple, pecans, and cheese.
Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and honey, along with a good pinch of salt and a grinding of pepper. (Alternatively, you may use ¼ cup of your favorite balsamic vinaigrette.) Drizzle, toss, and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Jonathan’s Organics.
Serves 4 before an entrée, 2 for lunch.
edible SOUTH SHORE profiled Jonathan’s Organics in our Spring 2011 issue, read it here.