The Coastal Table features fresh, seasonal cooking like this crisp salad, a nice composition showing off some of our region’s autumnal bounty—Brussels sprouts, shallots, apples, honey, and Great Hill Blue Cheese.
• 1 medium shallot, finely minced
• 2 teaspoons local honey
• kosher or sea salt
• freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 16 large Brussels sprouts (trimmed and slivered)
• 2 medium McIntosh apples, diced
• 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
• 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely minced
• 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
In a medium bowl, combine shallot, honey, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, and gradually whisk in olive oil to emulsify. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Place in a large bowl and toss with half the vinaigrette. Let marinate 5 minutes. Add apples, walnuts, parsley, and remaining vinaigrette, and toss to combine. Transfer to serving platter and scatter with optional blue cheese. Serve immediately.