Recipe provided by Bonnie Casey, Kitchen Tour Chairperson
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) bag fresh spinach, chopped (about 8 cups)
- 4 cups hot cooked penne (about 1/2-pound uncooked tubular-shaped pasta)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely crumbled feta cheese
Combine tomatoes and beans in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Add spinach and cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring occasionally.
Place 1 cup pasta on each of four plates. Top each serving with 11/4 cups sauce and 2 tablespoons cheese.