by Sid Wainer & Son® Developed exclusively for edible South Shore & South Coast
Get your fresh local produce on the table in an irresistible guise. Adapt this formula to incorporate your favorite whole grains and the freshest veggies from the fields as the season evolves. More great ideas at sidinthekitchen.com.
- ½ cup JANSAL VALLEY® Pineapple Pulp Vinegar
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- ¼ cup JANSAL VALLEY® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon JANSAL VALLEY® Sesame Oil
- kosher or sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked and cooled JANSAL VALLEY® Kaniwa, or other whole grain
- 2 cups baby watercress
- 1 cup watermelon or other mild radish, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup ‘English Barrel’ peas (pods opened), or snap peas, diagonally sliced
- ½ cup L’ESSENCE DU FROMAGE® Greek Feta or your favorite feta, crumbled
In a medium bowl with a whisk, or in a blender, combine vinegar, orange juice, orange zest, and tarragon. While whisking or blending, add the olive and sesame oils gradually until an emulsion forms. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a mixing bowl, toss together the cooked kaniwa, watercress, radish, peas, and feta. Drizzle with the dressing, lightly toss again and serve immediately.