Once striped bass is in season, this dish becomes a staple on The Back Eddy menu. It’s also perfect paired with some Narragansett Creamery Salty Feta and a chunk of good crusty bread.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 medium summer squash, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium red pepper, seeded and diced
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Heat oil until hot but not smoking. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent, about 7-8 minutes. Add squash and zucchini cook another 5 minutes.
Add eggplant and cook for 5 minutes. Add sherry and salt, and scrape up browned bits from bottom of pan. Cook for about 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes and red pepper and cook 5 more minutes. Turn down heat and simmer on low for another 15 to 20 minutes. Taste for salt and grind in plenty of pepper. Add herbs and stir to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The Back Eddy
One Bridge Road
Westport, MA 02790