by Chef John Hamilton, The Tasty
WITH WALNUTS, PROSCIUTTO, RICOTTA, AND GRILLED LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- 2 lemons, halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons grainy or Dijon mustard
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup whole milk ricotta
- 12 ounces spring mix: (lettuces, spinach, kale, radicchio, frisée, etc.)
- 4 slices prosciutto, torn bite-size or sliced in strips
- ½ cup raw walnuts, toasted in a 350 degree oven 6 to 8 minutes and cooled
Grill lemons over medium-hot coals until lightly charred, about 4 to 5 minutes, rotating them 90 degrees halfway through. Cool, juice, and strain into a mason jar. Add mustard, 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Shake briskly.
In a small bowl, mix ricotta and 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large bowl, toss lettuces and prosciutto. Drizzle with vinaigrette lightly and toss. (You will have more than you need for this quantity of lettuce.) Divide onto plates, add dollops of the ricotta mixture, and garnish with walnuts.
Serves 4 as an appetizer or 2 as an entrée