South Shore Locavore’s resource list:
Homemade gifts, greener holidays
Created by Kingston Public Library and edible South Shore
Books available through the Old Colony Library Network
- A Homemade Christmas by Tina Barseghian, 2010.
- The Christmas Kitchen: the gathering place for making memories by Tammy Maltby, 2009.
- A Greener Christmas by S. Goldsmith, 2009.
- Christmas Gifts from the Kitchen by Georgeanne Brennan, 2009.
- A Christmas Cookbook: simple recipes for kids by Sarah Schuette. 2012.
- Christmas All Through the House. Gooseberry Patch, 2011.
- Made by Hand: searching for meaning in a throwaway world by Mark Frauenfelder, 2010.
www.bhg.com/christmas/gifts/homemade-food-gifts: Includes ways to wrap your food gifts for safe holiday travel.
www.allrecipes.com/howto/festive-food-gifts: Creative gifts from your kitchen.
www.countryliving.com/cooking/about-food/homemade-food-gifts: Christmas food gift ideas.
www.marthastewart.com/274972/homemade-food-gifts: View Martha’s homemade food gifts collection.
www.busycooks.about.com/od/christmas/a/giftsfromkitche.htm: Personal and thoughtful gifts from your kitchen.
Give a Gift of Local Food
www.mass.gov: A Local Holiday Food and Gift Buying Guide!
www.southshoreorganics.com: Local and organic food, delivered to your home